SERVICES

Helping you to assess performance and stay on top of your game.

ACCOUNTING & ASSURANCE SERVICES

 

 

We offer a balanced approach of technical skill, business acumen and personal 
attention. We know you don’t have the time
to constantly be bringing new auditors and accountants up to speed which is why we are committed to maintaining continuity on your client-service team. By gaining an
in-depth understanding of your organization we are able to provide personalized service to meet your needs.

 

 

AUDIT ENGAGEMENTS
REVIEW ENGAGEMENTS
COMPILATION ENGAGEMENTS

TRAINING & CAPACITY
DEVELOPMENT

 

 

There is a need to keep up with the internal and external pressures of a changing environment. Staff must continue to grow and develop. We offer customized training in accounting software programs to meet your individual requirements whether it is Sage ERP (Accpac), Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) or QuickBooks. We have certified Sage consultants on staff. We offer training with accounting functions such as bank reconciliations, filing government forms, the budgeting process, and preparation of financial statements.

BOOK
KEEPING

 

 

Keeping your organization’s internal books up to date is critical for government reporting, monitoring cash flow, assessing performance, operating within budget, measuring growth and planning for the future. There are many ways we can help. We can do all or part of your bookkeeping, work on site or off site and fill in during periods of staff absences or staff turnover. If your staff has the capacity to do 90% of the work we will help with the remaining 10%. We provide assistance with bank reconciliations, payroll, T4’s, PST returns and GST returns. Our team can help train and educate existing staff as well as implement systems and practices to improve your effectiveness and efficiency.

TAX
SERVICES

 

The demands and requirements of Canada Revenue Agency can be exhausting and overwhelming whether it is a profit or not for profit entity. We can help with filing corporate tax returns, partnership information returns, non-profit information returns, payroll remittances, T4’s and other specialized reporting.

 

 

 

 

FIRST NATION 
SERVICES

 

 

First Nations are highly complex organizations; they include elements of government and in many cases “not for profit” entities and “profit oriented” business ventures. This wide scope of operations requires knowledge in many areas such as, but not limited to government reporting, trusts, business structures, corporations, taxation and limited partnerships.

 

First Nations are accountable to band members and funding agencies. This requires consolidated financial statements and an onerous amounts of reporting. The demands on elected officials and staff are overwhelming and continued capacity development is a necessity.

CLIENTS

 

 

 

All organizations share common elements but they each have some unique and different requirements. The common elements include such things as a need for accurate financial statements, CRA filing and continued capacity development. We customize our services to meet the unique requirements of our clients.

 

 

SMALL BUSINESS
NOT FOR PROFIT
FIRST NATION SERVICES

ACCOUNTING & ASSURANCE SERVICES
 
AUDIT ENGAGEMENTS

The highest level of assurance available for your financial statements is an audit. We take a customized approach and work with you to tailor the engagement to meet your requirements which results in a real value-added service to your organization. We provide an independent professional opinion on the fairness of the financial statements; through the evaluation of the organization’s system of internal controls, inspection of documents, observation of assets, making enquires within and outside the organization and by other generally accepted auditing procedures. Audited financial statements are used as a means to report to shareholders, bankers, creditors and government agencies. Throughout the audit process, we try to identify opportunities for added efficiencies, not just in the accounting function, but the organization as a whole.

 

REVIEW ENGAGEMENTS

A review engagement consists of inquiry, analytical procedures and discussion based on the original source documents to allow us to report on the plausibility of the financial statements. A review engagement is often required when obtaining or renewing bank financing and is a useful tool for business consultation.

 

COMPILATION ENGAGEMENTS

A compilation engagement is the most basic of accounting services. The objective is to compile unaudited financial information into financial statements or reports based on the information provided by the client. This service would be applicable when financial statements are needed for the exclusive use of the organization or for income tax purposes.